Friday, October 8, 2010

It is a Homecoming kind of day!

What is the meaning of Homecoming?
Here is what I found:

Homecoming is an annual tradition of the United States. People, towns, high schools and colleges come together, usually in late September or early October, to welcome back former residents and alumni. It is built around a central event, such as a banquet and, most often, a game of American football, or, on occasion, basketball, ice hockey or soccer. When celebrated by schools, the activities vary widely. However, they usually consist of a football game played on the school's home football field, activities for students and alumni, a parade featuring the school's marching band and sports teams, and the coronation of a Homecoming Queen (and at many schools, a Homecoming King). A dance commonly follows the game.


I really have some very fond memories of Homecoming.  I had to wear a "toilet seat-deer horn" hat as a freshman.....  & had my first "date" to a dance.  My senior year, I got to dress up crazy with my friends for each day, pick on the Freshman girls, lead the bon fire cheers, and take my HUBS to the dance!  Funny, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Love memories of Homecoming. Pajama day, with curlers and a bath robe. SO FUNNY!!!

    Hope you have a great weekend, bestie.

    P.S. -- Putting a list together of the things I will need to get your website up. How soon do you want it done -- I can have it done in a day or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my remember Homecoming 1989?!? That was just one of many crazy weekends we spent together. There is no wonder you are my BFF, who else have I been with during so many crazy or stupid moments of my life?

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.