Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Matt-Man!

Matt- 2010 Olympic Alley Luge Gold Medal Winner

Today, our baby boy is turning 8 years old!  I can't believe it!  He was a suprise from the get go.  We didn't think that we were so fertile!  And one month before Andy's first birthday, we found out we were expecting!  YEA! But, oh so overwhelming on Jeff & I.  Especially being a working momma.....  I worked until the day before Matt was born..... he came out with lots of hair, and was a snuggle-bug from then on.  We have enjoyed Matt's little antics, and love that he still loves to snuggle.... it's like traction for him.  Especially when he is having a hard moment.  I just hold him tight, and it is all better within minutes.  Matt is a special kid.  No, he is my heart.  And I love spending our Thursday afternoons together.  Today, he has chosen to go to Taco Johns for birthday lunch before his therapy..... I guess, whatever!  Anyhoo, we went to parent/teacher conferences a few days ago.  Mrs. S. sure enjoys him, too.  She told us that he is a little reader, and can't get enough!  She has tried to ease up on the homework for him in the past, and he insists on doing it ALL.  He has set goals for himself!  I am so, so PROUD!  All this from a kid with Austism Spectrum!  He will succeed!  He will be a tax-payer, and not live in my house as a adult! YES! YES!  I love my little Matt.  He is so precious........................  I am so PROUD of him.
His birthday plans are to have supper with Auntie, Unckie and Miranda tonight.  Dennis -his best bud- will be staying the night, too.  Then tomorrow, we will go get the God-Cousins -Blundell's- and go bowling and have supper/cake/ice cream with all!  Grandma Bonnie,Grandpa Bill & Joel are coming tomorrow evening, too! 
Crawford Jr. Wrestling Meet on Saturday, beginning @ 9:00......C U then!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Matt!! Hope you have a good time with Unckie and Auntie tonight. See you tomorrow!!

    Congrats on the weight loss, Momma!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Matt! Have an awesome time celebrating! Love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Matt! Can't wait to watch you wrestle tomorrow, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that everyone enjoyed the Birthday party and the wrestling tournament!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.