Friday, May 14, 2010

He's Here!

Our new horse, Roxi had her baby!  Mom and Dad purchased her last fall, knowing she was expecting.... and yesterday little Stone was born!  He is so cute and soft.  Andy, Meggie and I rode the Rino"Fred" up the pasture to see him, where he ways laying down having a nap in the sunshine.  I approached him and Roxi with caution....slowly.....slowly.  I petted and rubbed him while he was sleeping.  Then he awoke and stretched his VERY long legs out and then stood up!  He is so cute!  He has a little short mane and tail....which I petted.  (Andy and Megs were too scared to get out of "Fred")  So, then he had a drink while slurping..... cute!
You are probably wondering why this is so significant.  Okay, in all of my years I remember at the Ranch, we have not had a colt born.  So, it is SUPER cool!  Meggie loved that Papa called her bright and early yesterday morning.... because we have been waiting impatiently for lil' Stones arrival!
Yea, God is good!

1 comment:

  1. ADORABLE!! So glad you were able to have the colt at the farm finally. Grandpa Leibbrandt had cattle for 40 some years and not one set of twins. We bought the farm from him, and that winter, one of our cows had twins!! So we know what that feels like to wait all this time! Congrats to Roxi and the family!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.