Wednesday, July 29, 2009

1000's of Words WEDNESDAY!

(Wild Morning glory @ golf course, one of my favorite wild flowers! Taken with Jeffey's new smart phone!)

Okay, I am finally sitting down to update everyone! The family had a great time in Denver for the Rockies game, but hated the traffic and tons of people! We were so happy to get home to our slower paced, slower traffic county! Anyhow, the kids convinced Grandma Bonnie to take them home with her and Grandpa on Sunday. I am so glad that they got some time to spend, bond, and make memories with their other grandparents..... so, I think that I will go get them tomorrow and stay a few days... we will see. I haven't accomplished much here on the home front. Mostly wanted to sort toys, and clean my office. The laundry has taken control OF ME, and that is what I have gotten done.

Monday, Jeffey and I played 9 rounds of golf, and I SUCKED! I think that it was because of the lack of noise and lack of lots of distractions! NO KIDDING! Jeffey decided to play another 9, while I rode along, and visited and encouraged him. It was soooooo nice! Then we came home, he got ready for work, and I got ready to go to a jewelry party. Lisa went with me, and we visited about 40 minutes, and had a few yummy snacks and cocktails. Then we headed to the Frontier for a birthday drink..... oh, how funny it is to see folks drunk on a Monday night! We were joined by Misty J. for lots of giggles, and girlie talk. Thanks Girls, I need that!

Tuesday, I worked on a photo I am getting published in horseman magazine! Yep, it is a great one of Jim Lees. Anyhow, it took lots of time to get it sent! Damn computers!

Then Mom picked me up and we went to Sbluff to get her new cow dog named Una. She is a blue heeler about 6 months old, and the owners said that she chews everything up, so she had to go. Ended up that the owners were fellow railroaders, who I have worked with! They were relieved to know that Una was going to a great home, to people they knew! Then we headed to shop for some evening cruise clothing for Ma. (They are headed on a Alaska cruise this next month....-me so jealous!-) So, we went to Maurice's, and boy they have some fab. cute fat girls stuff! We found several tops for her there! Then, we headed to Menard's to get some pond stuff for her.... she is constructing a water feature in her yard. It is sooooooo beautiful! Then we had to walk through all the plants & trees. I ogled a few trees, but didn't buy due to lack of cash flow right now. But, I got quite a few ideas brewing around my brain now... just need a strong back to execute the ideas! Anyhow, we then ended up at Target. I purchased some school jeans for Matt, and some super cute -pink glitter- shoes for Meg for less than $10 for two pairs! WOOO HOO, love bargain shopping! Then we found a few new t-shirts for the boys for the 1st day of school.... so, we are stocked! Except new tennis shoes for Andy, and the school supplies. No need for new backpacks this year, as the last year I spent a little more, and the packs sure held up.... Anyhow, we rediscovered Goodwill, too. What a fabulous treasure hunt we had! I found a half of dozen school dresses for Meg, AND her first day of school dress! YIPPEE! All for $2.00 each! Then We found some Nike, Adidas, and Husker warm ups for Andy, and Camo jacket for Matt, and some jeans, cute top, and night shirts for me! All for about $2.00 each! Man, I will be back for the treasure hunt again! I only wish that they sized their clothes better.....But, we had all the time we wanted to look through the racks! No kids or men with us! Then, we went to eat some Chinese, and then to Walmart. Mom found some black dress pants, khaki's, and loads of cute tops for cheap off the clearance rack.... She also wheeled me around in the wheelchair, as my back was KICKING my butt..... so, it was VU JA DEA. Yep, several years ago (21 years ago) Mom broke her ankle while sliding into home plate. I, then got to be her go-for-gal. I wheeled her around Pamida, all the while trying not to run her foot into something.... eventually I did. Actually it was her toes on her ouchy foot.... split those babies on a corner. Funny now, not then...... Back to the future, Ma and I got home about 11:00 last night from our adventure. It was great! It reminded me of the old days, before children, and the hectic lives that we have..... Thanks Ma, I love ya!

3 comments:

  1. That's TOTALLY cool on your photo for horseman magazine. I bet you're pumped!!!

    By the way, thanks for emailing me about my crafting issue. Not sure if I'll be willing to put in the extra work, though. If you have any other ideas on OTHER ways to use 'em, let me know.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl, you are busy! How do you golf with that bad back? According to all my dr's it is the WORST thing you can do for your back along with sleeping on your tummy! I know golfing was one of the first things I had to give up... hopefully some day I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of your Ma! I want to go to Alaska with her. We could try to sneak into her luggage... :o) Glad you found so many goodies on your shopping trip! Always a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.