Thursday, July 9, 2009

Catching up.....

First, I have to reflect on Michael Jackson's death. I have many memories of the Michael before he turned extremely strange. I was in 6th grade when his "Thriller" album came out. And of course every girl in the class was crazy about him. I remember staying up really late on Friday nights to watch "Friday Night Videos" at 11:30 p.m. Since we didn't have MTV out in the country, we had to be happy for our once a week fix! In fact, that album was one of the first cassettes I owned.... I think I have it somewhere! Also, I have one of those infamous "glitter gloves!" We tried to "moon walk," and dance all of his moves, too. Losing Michael is like losing the best entertainer in history.... sad, sad.
Yesterday, Jeffey drove me to Rapid to the Pain Dr. Where his staff took great care of us while waiting my turn for the shots. Then we went into the z-ray room to get the procedure done. Jeffey got to watch the whole thing! He didn't seem squeamish, either, as the Dr. had to try to several times to get the flexible needle in the correct place to administer the happy juice! YOWZER! THAT HURT! But soon, I was numb from the hip down to my foot. All done, and headed to the recovery room for yummy cookies and diet Pepsi with my hubby! Nice! About 30 minutes later, we headed home, as I was no good for shopping! We did head down to Eileen's Cookie shop to get more of those AWESOME white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
We did get to Rapid early enough to get some shopping done before the shots. We had a nice romantic lunch a my favorite place, The Great Wall. OHHHH SOOOOO YUMMYYYYY! I am so glad that my hubby shares my love for Chinese food!
We got home, and I headed straight for my jammies and bed.... super sore back needed rest. Kiddo's jumped in with me to visit, and then I passed out! Soon, the phone rang, and Jeffey was called into work already! DAMN! He only had 24 hours off at home! UGH! Good for the paycheck(since I'm not getting one), but bad for the family life!
Today, headed to Chadron for Matt's appointment, then to the farm to visit cousins who came late last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.