Friday, October 16, 2009

Good news, and then more bad....

On Wednesday, my Dad, Meggie, and I traveled to Cheyenne to see the spine doctor.  We left at 8:00 in the morning so that we arrived about 11:30...  We were slightly lost once, but we stopped and asked for directions and found the main street where the malls, stores and ect. are.... it was funny how we kinda got lost!   Anyhow, I found the second hand children's clothing store!  Meggie and I had a great time finding her some winter clothes.  She seems to have grown out of all of her long sleeve shirts, & sweaters! So, we found tons of nearly new Gymboree, Gap & other nice brands.  I love the hunt of a great bargin!  Then we went to find the craft store, and they didn't have the paper I needed.  So, I guess plan B on that idea!
Anyhow, my dr. appointment was for 2:45, and we finally got into the exam room at 4:30.... GEEZE!  I hate waiting, and waiting.  BUT, Dr. Beer had news that we needed to proceed with a discogram.  This is when they inject dye into the disks, and try to induce pain, this is to try to pin point the pain.  Then we will talk about possible surgery, since the other routes we have tried have failed.  AND I am sick and tired of being in pain.....OUCH!!  This morning I woke up to extreme pain, and think that this is getting rediculous having to live on pain meds.  SO please pray for the proper route to be taken with this back issue of mine.  I appreciate it! 
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Once Upon a Child!!! I got Braeley a Columbia coat there once. I wish they had one in Rapid.

    Sent some prayers to help you make the best decision needed for your back! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky, I hope you don't have to have surgery. Even though it worked for me it isn't 100% and the recovery - Is TOUGH! I know I kept saying I was doing good but really, it was a rough one and I pray that you don't have to go that route. Having extreme pain every day is tough and surgery does reduce that, but you still will have pain, and there are other prices to pay too. I wil pray for you that they find something to help besides cutting you opern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! After seeing what my mom went through, I hope you don't have to have surgery, especially having young kids to care for during recovery. Hopefully they can come up with a different route for you and eliminate most of the pain!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.