Saturday, July 5, 2008

Whew! wHAT A WEEK!



Here it is the 5th of July. We are exhausted! WHEW!
Yesterday was sooooo much fun! I loved the excitement surrounding the parade..... the cool floats, the band and the tractors/fire engines(Jeffey drove a rescue unit with And in tow blowing the whistle). Pretty cool town we live in! I am proud to live here! Then we had lunch with the family, and off to the park I went to make sure things were running smoothly with the entertainment. IT WAS SO HOT, but great fun! The bands were great, the IDOL contest went without a hitch. (ANdy and Ashley won their age group with their acapella "Take me out to the ball game". The crowd seemed to enjoy the music, the horseshoes, volleyball, and beer can baseball. I then came home and had a two hour nap. I needed it! I woke with a stomach ache, and a head ache! I think I got too much heat.... I drank tons of water, but?!?! Anyhow, off to the rodeo we went! The kids had a great time playing with their friends, too. Mom & Dad went with me as Jeffey was on a fire call from about 4:00 p.m. until the time they needed to go and set up the huge fireworks at the rodeo grounds. We finally saw him about 10:00 p.m. The FIREWORKS WERE AWESOME! The committee who fund raised for them did an outstanding job! It was SPECTACULAR! The crowd seem to enjoy them.... Then we loaded up, came home to finish up the kids fireworks.... then off to bed. Everyone passed out with exhausted. Jeffey came home much later....don't remember him getting home. Well, today we have the tractor pull @ noon. Papa has two tractors entered. We hope he wins a trophy, as tractor trophies are pretty cool!
The night of the 3rd, we had a great friends/family BBQ! Many of our pals came to visit and eat great food. The Betson's were busy building our float for Aunt Myrnas Cabin, but finished up in time for fireworks.... which were AWESOME! I was so tired, after spending the day finishing stuffing the Chamber float with napkins, then getting all of the tractors, 4 wheelers to town.....gosh, having fun is exhausting! Next year, I will say NO to something! I promise!!! Thank the LORD that my hubby helps with so much of the stuff I take on...... THANKS HONEY!
Have a great weekend!
(Pictures to come later, as I didn't even get a chance to take any!)

1 comment:

  1. You really out-do yourself every 4th! I'm amazed at all that you accomplish throughout the year, too! BTW, I loved your fireworks picture. I've decided that my little point-and-shoot digital camera isn't meant to take fireworks pix. I must have taken near 100 shots and I only had maybe 4 or 5 turn out. :shrug: My timing was totally off. Even those aren't noteworthy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.