Monday, August 11, 2008

He spoke to my heart & spirit....

(Mom's peonies in May)

Yesterday, Kim B. (THANK YOU girlfriend!) called me and asked me if I wanted to come to church at the park. Of course! Perfect! I can listen to the service while the kids played. I asked Jeffey to go with, not telling him that it wasn't "his" church. He thinks that he can ONLY go to his church, no exceptions..... I think that a person should go where their spirit, soul and heart are fed with the LORD. Not where one thinks that they must go since they have been going since childhood. Yesterday, Jeffey and I had a difference of opinions on this and he flatly refused to go with us to the park service. So, he came home and hoed his garden and pondered that.....

I then had a wonderful sense of the presence of the LORD, as the Pastor spoke of just what was worrying me, and troubling me. AND how to fix it, "Pray more, worry less" and he spoke of the very verses I have taped to my bathroom mirror (sent to my by my beloved Brandi) It is:
Matthew 6:34

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Anyhow, I feel soooooo much better after the service. Lisa & Angie were also there. We all felt like that service hit home in our hearts. Thanks GIRLS! I so appreciate knowing I have a group that supports me in whatever I come against! I then thought of my hubby who need to take these very verses to heart. He came to the park and was going to tell me that he was going golfing.... I asked him to let me go with so we could talk, and Lisa agreed to take the kiddos.

So, off we went to golf. He beat me by one point, after we got rained out in the 6th hole..... BUT, we talked, and didn't resolve the church issue, but we did decide to take more time for each other (date nights) and swap kids with Lisa, so they can do the same. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in life and focus too much on other things..... YEP! A epiphany!
Then, I went over to Lisa's to help her with the wedding album she is making for her cousin.....it is gorgeous! I need to make one for me?!! Eleven years late.

Okay, I am officially on the 900 am job now....

Take Care,

Coffee Cheers, Muff!

hugs...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.