Monday, June 15, 2009

I had a revelation...


Recently, my Dad commented on some big, loopy silver earrings I was wearing. "Those are mighty BIG!" he exclaimed. Then, "They look like something that Aunt Margie would wear!" Oh... bless her soul! I really hadn't thought about being more and more like my late-"Godmother Aunt Margie." She loved, loved, gaudy jewelry, and long dangly earrings! She loved bright colors, red nail polish, and never left home without her pantyhose (reason being her varicose veins!) But, she was a looker, and took pride in herself. She even LOVED coffee, and drank it at all times of the day.... sometimes taking her cup outside to the garden or corral and losing it temporarily on a fence post! I miss her.... I have a tree named after her out in the backyard.... too bad she never met her namesake, Megan. She would have loved how we are turning out!

1 comment:

  1. Stop it. You're giving me a big lump in my throat. What precious words you share here. I'm told more and more that I remind everyone of my grandmother. I never thought it growing up, but the older I get, the more I look like her. A lot!

    Thanks for sharing this sweet post!

    ~Shaye

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.