Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sentimental trees....



Okay, I know it seems weird, but yep, my trees that I lovingly hand-planted and cared for are named after my family & friends. Some living, some in heaven. When I planned the landscaping for our yard six years ago, no naming occurred to me... with the exception of the three flowering thunder child crab apple trees on the west side. Those three are named after the kids... with one white snow crab for the hope of a baby girl, someday. So, then the others were nameless until nearly 5 years ago when my Ma gave me a wonderful stepping stone as a gift, it says,
"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know that they are happy."

4 comments:

  1. That's a cool idea! I love sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's neat to name trees that you plant. After all, we lovingly care for them each year--they become part of our family in many ways.

    ~Shaye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    I am so glad others name trees. My first was named Jackie 23 years ago; followed by Jeremy, Smed, Judy, then Judy Judy cuz Judy died then I had Judy, Judy, Judy. Also Taylor, AJ, Emma & Jaxon. And my cousing honored my dad with a tree named Earl. So at times, depending on the person I will give a tree for an important occasion or if to a family as a memorial. Trees are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet Beck! Glad you are my friend! Call me when you want to get together, cuz my schedule is home, home & home. We can let the girls play and we can try this new awesome drink I have. It's called a Razzarita....Delish!!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.