Monday, April 21, 2008

What a WEEKEND! Yippee!!!!!!














Hey ya'all! Lots have happened since the last blog entry..... We left for our trip on Thursday afternoon. We got to Paxton about 5:00 in the evening and visited with Jeff's family..... The boys loved seeing their cousins! They had a great time at the downtown bar/grill playing video games with their cousins while Jeff and I had drinks and supper with the rest of the family. What a fun time we had! Laughed and laughed some more.
We left early the next morning for Lincoln. Stopped for coffee on the way out.....Yummy! Anyhow, it was a cold rainy day! But, we went to Lincoln and our first stop was Morrill Hall..... the house of mammoths! Jeffey and Matt had a great time looking at all of the bones and seeing the different sites. We did conclude that we have some better museums here in our area concerning dinosaurs and fossils. Anyhow, we then walked over to the stadium and saw the trophy room and the rest of the stadium. Pretty cool! The boys were amazed once again! WOW! They thought it was a dream! So the game was for them too. We went and checked into our hotel and then headed for Famous Daves for some awesome BBQ. it was only a 40 minute wait. IT WAS well worth it! Yummy! We had some great food! I then dropped the boys off at the hotel and headed for Hobby Lobby! Yep, got there to shop for a whole 20 minutes before they closed! YUCK! I decided that the city life isn't for me anymore! Too many people, stop lights, traffic, and just life is toooooo fast paced! YIPES! I am plum happy here in B.F.E. I guess that I have grown up? Thought I needed that kind of life at one time. Hmmmmm, funny how kids change you.
Anyhow, Saturday morn. headed for a big breakfast and then to the Stadium to wait in line for the gates to open. There was general admission only, so there were no assigned seating. SO, we waited 2 hours and got fantastic seats..... the boys were pretty patient, too. So, we met Jeff's entire family there and had a great time.... boys love it! GO Huskers! Jeffey was in heaven, too. We enjoyed getting to go out onto the field for the drug free pledge with the kids and took some awesome pictures with Grandmas camera (forgot mine at hotel!) I will share those later... We went to shop at Scheel's and I went to Michael's which was right across the parking lot! It wasn't so impressive as compared to our Rapid City Hobby Lobby! I guess I was disappointed in the whole shopping experience! So, I must go to Rapid, right????? Jeff's Mom wanted to eat at Olive Garden, so we went and got in line for about 45 minutes. It was pretty good. Just expensive! The kids never eat good.... too busy talking to their cousins! Anyhow, they went to swim at the hotel and I went to bed, as I got the kids cold/cough. Felt miserable. I didn't feel much better on Sunday on the drive home.
Jeffey drove the entire way home, and the boys did pretty well after we turned a movie on.... they just get bored no matter what we do. So, we made it! I say only once a year is good enough for me to go to the eastern part of the state. Today, we are relaxing. I haven't felt better yet. Jeffey went and got me some more cold meds. They seem to make me very tired! Oh, well, we had a great time! Take Care all of you!
p.s. Meggie had a great time at Grandma & Papas, they went to town and ate chinese and went to see the quilts with Auntie and then went shoe shopping! SHe loves her shoes! What a funny girl!

hugs............................................

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great trip, hope to see you tomorrow night @ MOPS...I'm bringing Cheese Manicotti...mmmmm. See ya there dear.

    Ang :)

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.