Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Great Old Pals Inspirational Comment....


(The following is a note a great friend sent to me, and totally inspired me to continue on my lifestyle change... She is the thinnest she has ever been. So, please read and be inspired too!)




Truly? I run to relieve stress. Right now I don't get to the gym as often as I want because of my studies but I try to hit it 4 times a week. I zone out and put my mp3 to work. I allow myself an hr. and when I know I have that long to just take care of me, I feel free. No deadlines to make me quit early, shit like that. My ex fiancee bled me dry for emotional needs. Sucked! I was 150 around jan. I didn't work out cause he knew how to manipulate me into feeling guilty when I left him on many occasions....! NO more! Yeah, It is very difficult to quit eating. So don't! Learn to take portion sizes and then QUIT when you are satisfied, not full. I also graze throught the day when I'm up and around. THAT helps ALOT! Fruit baby. I dont follow any one diet like cutting back on fruits because of sugar. The only thing I try to not do is eat alot of carbs. I am allergic to wheat anyway so that kind of kills it right there. Oatmeal, brown rice, I LOVE whole grains, and I love to cook with fresh foods. Can't wait til the schoolwork is done! (see, stress GRRRR) God made fruit and my body needs all that so eat that instead of bread that can be bought over the counter! YUCK! 4 real, just take what your body needs and no more. Yeah, I fail sometimes and go overboard but once you train youself to do that, the next time you over endulge your stomach will let you know that's for sure!The hardest part is DILLIGENCE! you and I grew up to not waste and that is hard to break that thought process. Plus your job has much to do with dieting. Since you work nights i dont know if you can work out before you go to sleep. Or when you get up and moving around before work do it then. That actually would be good cuz that would keep you going for two or three hrs. Cardio CARDIO! Target heart rate zone. know where yours is at. got to keep it high if the weight is coming off. Weight watchers is good too. Holds you accountable and that is a good thing.Wow! I wrote a book! LOL I love to work out. After a while I get to the point where i need it. I usually go right after work if i can. When I know I can't I eat protein like cheese and meat. popcorn for muchin' :)Take heart! I know you can do it. I have seen you before when the weight is gone. Awesome! plus you have a git er' done attitude. Use that to fuel your mind and paasion for what you want for yourself! With three kids it is most difficult. Buy a kick ass treadmill so there is no excuse not to do it. Let us keep each other on track! :) I so need someone to help me from time to time. I lose my giddy up every now and then because I sabotage myself sometimes thinking I am not worthy to be thin. ( Yeah, I have some ISSUES...working on that LOL) But I know I have the right to be healthy..especially since i do not have health insurance. That comes when I am licensed. It is most important that I keep myself healthy as much as possible.Thin, healthy, happy, for you, your hubby, your KIDS!
But YOU first.......I love ya girl! Keep it going!Virgie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.