Thursday, March 13, 2008

What happened to us?


Isn't it weird how we perceive ourselves?
I still think in my mind that I am a size 12. Strange, huh? I can't see the chubbiness until a photo is taken of me. I can see the results.....UGH!
Some fat lady has taken me over, and sort of looks like me. YUCK! I look like I have been blown up with some air.... My face, UGH!
Okay, I AM doing something about it. So, far so good. Watching and journaling what I put IN MY MOUTH. Not easy. More later.....

Ode To The After Baby Dieter
Looking in the mirror
At what once was small and thin
Now you stare
two babies later
At a giant ball of skin!
It hasn't been too long now
Since you started your new diet
There's a snack bar round the corner
But so far, you've passed right by it!
It took two years to get this big
And lots of bread and gravy
To try and change it in one night's
Like making straight hair wavy!
It takes endurance, pain, and sweat
To get to where you'll see it!
It's possible, just focus on
The fact that soon you'll BEAT it!
Don't constantly look in the mirror
To search in vain for rhyme!
You'll see the curves and shapes you want
Just give your body time!
You're doing good! You're eating less
And still enjoying meals!
You're excercising - keep it up!
Hold tight to how it feels!
Twenty pounds is not too far off
For now, make that your goal!
2 pounds a week is healthy
Few more weeks and there ya go!
I'm proud of you! You're doing great!
And holding your dreams tight!
The weight will soon be history
But not without a fight!

Copyright; Donna Lynn Henzel Email: bisobyte@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.