Monday, December 1, 2008

THE GOOD NAPKINS ... Ahhhhh ...

(Christmas Past....2005. Jeff's Sisters and hubbies. L-R: Dale, Jill, myself, Jeffey, Dana, Meggie, Ty)
FUNNY FOR THE DAY:


THE GOOD NAPKINS ... Ahhhhh ...

The joys of having girls.
My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her first
mistake). One day I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the
cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet.
I then asked my mother why she was keeping 'napkins' in the
bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?
Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me
that those were for 'special occasions' (her second mistake).
Now fast forward a few months....
It's Thanksgiving Day,and my folks are leaving to pick up my
uncle and his wife for dinner. Mom had assignments for all of
us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table.
When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately
burst into laughter. Next came his wife who gasped, then began
giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then
came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each
place setting on the table with a 'special occasion' Kotex
napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top.
I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the
edge!! My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my
response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter.
'But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!!! '
Life is too short for drama and petty
things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive
quickly.... and for heavens sake, use the good napkins whenever
you can!

4 comments:

  1. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! Thanks Beck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky that's sooooooo funny!!! LOL!!! Josiah asked me why I had diapers under the sink!!! Another time he used the other thing and was fascinated that they "shoot" if you hit them hard enough!!! I'm so glad he out grew that stage!! OOOh the Joy of Boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! LOL over and over again-tee hee!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.