Saturday, December 27, 2008

It was magical.....



Our Christmas's were so MAGICAL because our children all believe in Santa! We had Christmas Eve with Gma and Papa here at our house. We had some delicious homemade pizza made by daddy and visited! Then we got to stay up really LATE.... whew! Jeffey and I were hoping that would help the kiddos sleep better, and not wake up too darn early for Santa. the kids put out their notes and cookies, carrots before they went to bed... too cute! Then I took them off to bed, while Jeffey stayed up late waiting on Santa, and watching his favorite show, TAPS. So, with that in mind, Jeffey was a bit spooked. And while he was getting Matt's new bike through the back door, I came in to help and completely spooked him. I think that he almost peed himself! Then, he went downstairs to the garage without knowing I was behind him. I perched myself on the couch to watch the fire, apparently without "Santa Jeff" knowing. And YEP, I scared him AGAIN! Just by sitting quietly, and asking him, "What are you doing?" (NO, I didn't intend to scare him....) he even mentioned something about taking a few years off his life... I am still chuckling that I scared Santa, twice!
Anyhow, Christmas morn was filled with the kiddo's bouncing off the walls waiting to open their gifts while wait for Grandma and Papa to get their coats off... they got what they all wanted... of course! The off to Grandma Bonnie's we went! YEA!
We had a lovely lunch with 20 other relatives at Aunt Dana's and then drank some yummy wine and opened gifts. Lovely time together laughing and letting the cousins play and fight together! Andy got a bit aggressive while playing the Wii football game and kicked Connor in the privates! OOPS! Geeze, he felt bad about that!
On Friday, we went to North Platte to restock on some Verdi Wine, and go to Walmart for some bargain shopping... fun for all! Ice Cream at Breakstones, too. What a treat! Then, when we returned to Paxton, we left the kiddo's with Grandpa, and Jeffey, Bonnie and I went to the the 5 Trail Winery for a tasting.... YUMMY! We had a great time sitting by the fire and laughing. Jeff;s sister Jill and hubby Dale met us there... SO, I am inspired by the Tasting room.... thinking of a new business for us.... dreaming....Ash Creek Winery(tasting room).......coming soon to Crawford?.....Wishing........dreaming........hoping........
Okay, reality check. We left this morning; me with a hang-over, (grandma, too.) Jeffey drove a van-full of sleepers home.... Yea! We made it! I slept sooooooo good, too!
Nice to be home, even if it is a disaster!
Hugs 2 all of U!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Glad you had a good time, and the kids are tickled with their Santa items. Glad all are safely home, and getting back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Mommy and Daddy picture.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.