Thursday, December 4, 2008

It is profound....


That is the book, The Shack.


Here is what I took form it:

-forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness...

-Our Father TRUELY loves us just like we love our own children....

-Only HE can judge, and then he still loves us and forgives us.

- I also feel like I have met God all over again. I always believed and loved God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but never have I been so charged with love, forgiveness, joy, relief and such a desire to improve of all my relationships of family, friends, neighbors and of course, my hubby.

I feel like I need to read it again to absorb more...


Perfect for this time in my life (weird, huh?). I was in a deep chasm of depression just yesterday, and the days before. I felt like just staying in bed and eating chocolate. Then, I got called in for work and finished reading this book (5 hours worth). (My how God knows our miseries?) WONDERFUL! Now, I am set to work on many of the items listed above.....love, forgiveness, joy, relief, and desire to change and improve my relationships.


So, who wants to borrow my book???

6 comments:

  1. Count me in!!

    Glad to hear you have a renewed sense of happiness -- we truly do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?!?!?!?

    Hugs --

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started the book a couple weeks back and haven't had the time to finish it. I am glad you found what you need in reading it! I will let you know what I think when I finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that book not too long ago. I was a little bummed it didn't "reach" me like it has others. Maybe I should try reading it again...? Glad you enjoyed it. Everyone else who has read it, LOVED IT. Glad ur back on your feet again=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God always knows how to reach us IF we will let him & you did. Sometimes it's through reading a book, saying a simple prayer, doing something that we say we NEVER will do, etc. I truely believe it's all about opening ourself to Him. He's always on our side.....BUT we have to allow it, that's the tricky part :) I'm glad you read the book, sounds like that's exactly what God was asking you to do. He's always watching over you and your children Beck and knows your situation. He will work it all out & sounds like He has already started working on it :) Love ya dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the book and have yet to read it. I'm hoping to take some time this month for reading. My hubby read it and says it's amazing. Hugs, Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were touched by the book, it reminded me of the "Left Behind" books, but didn't touch me as much. I think everyone finds something different in the book depending on what they are facing. God has different ways to help us through our problems.

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.