Saturday, October 25, 2008

COstUme ConTESt !!!



Whew, what a wild few days we have had! On Thursday, we took Jeffey out for lunch for his birthday. He was surprised that we had a cake and balloons and ect. I think we eased the pain of turning 40! Then, I got to bring baby Miranda home with me to watch for the afternoon while her Mommy went home to get caught up on her work. She said she is backlogged with "The Edge" stuff. SO, Meggie and I had a great time with lil' Miranda. She is such a cuddle-bug! Then Mommy came and got her and we had a nice girlfriend night! Thanks GIRLS! I so enjoyed the great food, and great laughs! You guys crack me up!
On Friday, we had no school due to the parent teacher conf. SO we hung out... and the boys went to cut wood. Meggie and I went to the ranch to do up the 300 lbs. of apples. We washed. peeled, sliced, and then added sugar, flour, spices and then we bagged them up in the perfect amount for a pie. We had 40 pies worth at 3:00 p.m. THEN the stinkin' RR called me in for work. So, we quit for another day. We still have probably 75 lbs. left to do. I plan to get this done sometime next week. BUT, we are selling calves on Friday, so that may change ?!?!?
Saturday, we got ready for the costume contest. Andy was the Heisman Trophy; we painted his clothes and ball. I constructed a "leather head", painted his face brown with gold glitter and he won his category. Mattey spent the night with Grandma on Thursday, and sewed a beautiful Lion King costume. It is awesome. He loves it! BUT, he didn't win a darn thing in his age group. I was a little pissed! It seems that purchased costumes won the prizes! I guess you can't win them all. I was just disappointed that the judges didn't recognize the creativity, and hard work that the costume involved.... that sucks! Meggie, was a little Halloween kitty.... simple costume, all purchased! I painted her face, and she was stinking cute! She won the cutest costume. I plan on dressing up too for Halloween! Not sure what I will be as Meggie lost her kitty-ears somewhere, and will have to use mine.... Oh, and I have been working evenings through all of these adventures....
I can balance everything because I AM SUPER-MOM!
Oh, I also went to the craft show at the community building on Sat. I took three apple pies for the pre-school fundraiser. I hope they raised some money... They have purchased some playground equipment in the past that is age appropriate. SO FUN! Craft fair kinda-SUCKED! Not much there.
Okay, I am first out- working again today. Not planning another day off until Halloween, and the weekend with the girls. YIPPEE! I so need a vacation........
I have been working on my Christmas cards on the train. I've been doing them in stages. I think I will end up making 50. My list is long, but I think that is the least I can do to honor/appreciate my family and friends every year.
Okay, have a great day, despite the high winds!!!!!!!!!
Hugs.............2U!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could've seen your kids all dressed up!
    I hope you have an idea for my cards becuase I don't!! Can't wait till Saturday!! Kendall might be there might not, hope that's still okay? Okay take care!

    ReplyDelete

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.