Friday, October 17, 2008

Whoo Hooo! The cows came home!

(Our precious Miranda, cuddling Mama in the corral, yep, she's holding her binky in)
Yesterday, I got the kiddo's off to school and beat ass to the ranch. My bro, Ron, Mom, Dad, Jim Lees and myself got the cows brought in from 3 (110 cows/calf pairs) pastures. Then, sorted the calves off, ran through the chute, vaccinated with three shots each. Next, we took 30 to the next pasture, and brought back 30 from another pasture nearby. WHEW! I am tired! I got called into work at 5:00 p.m. We were not done, yet. SO, maybe today we will finish. I think we have 3 more pastures to bring in and vaccinate. WHEW! Again, I am so tired this mornig. I got off work at 11:30 last night, too. ANyhow, I got to visit with my new niece, Miranda. She is so precious! She has already learned how to "girl scream". IT is so funny! She could be heard over the bellering cows! Tee Hee!

Okay, I think I am going to Chadron this morn to get the cake for the retirement party, and the last few things needed. Lisa said she would go with, so we will see if the cake is done! Then, maybe more cow chasing????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, please leave a comment!

My favs.